Friday, May 21, 2010

A New Direction

Ok, so I think I'm going to start a new blog. Yes I know, I've barely started this one, but I'm working things out. My motivation behind it is this, I applied for a job as a writer for a beauty blog, and then devoted many hours to thinking how wonderful it would be if it worked out and how good I would be at it. It's frustrating when you're unemployed and there is no way you can convince people to give you work, you're powerless. The best you can do is write a great cover letter, make sure you're resume looks good, and then wish, hope, and pray.

At this point I'm sick of the whole wishing and praying thing, I want to be more pro-active. I'm confident that I would be a great beauty blogger. So why the hell shouldn't I just take the reins and do it my darn self? Specifically I'm going to write about beauty as it relates to art, and how both of those things effect all of us and each other. And I'm sure there will be some superfluous posts about nail polish and hair products too. Should I get the writing gig, I will happily cede my beauty expertise to them.

I know there are a gazillion beauty blogs out there, but I don't care. I want this to be an open discussion of how we feel about beauty in ourselves, in others, and in art. How we perceive what is beautiful and what influences the way we see ourselves. I think it's an important conversation to start, even if only me and my mom are listening right now.

Now I just have to come up with a name...

No comments:

Post a Comment